Ebates

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Turning things around...

Ok so I have been reading various blogs, and I am feeling inspired! I am a bit envious of others...like people with themed blogs...for example I was just reading a recipe blog, a penny pinching blog, and a blog about testing new products. WOW...I'm amazed! I seem to start all these projects and well I slack off....then end up just quitting. I think I have a commitment issue to these type of projects.

So how do I get myself to start and follow through with a project similar to the kind I mentioned above? I guess buy figuring out where I'm at right now and what my current goals are!

Ok so here is what is going on in my life...

We are currently living in Michigan. We moved up at the end of June after a 6 month family seperation due to my husband's work situation. He lived up here, and the kids & I lived in Indiana. Now that we are living together again life is much better! We have a few hang-ups, but nothing out of the norm...I guess.

Financially, it costs us more to live here. We have a high rent payment here than we did with our family seperated. The cost of living is more here. Therefore, we are working on fine tuning our budget to fit our family. One of our biggest expenses is food. We eat out a lot! In the past few weeks we have started to make a food plan based on the ads...so we are working on it, but we definitely have a lot more room to improve!

I'd like to keep some kind of list of the dinners w/ recipes and our money savings on here. I just signed up to get the newspaper for the coupons & ads so I can continue to plan our meals around it.

If anyone has any tips on any other areas that can help us in our penny pinching venture...please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment