Ebates

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

OY! Update...Feb 1

The BIG news is that I am 15 weeks pregnant! I feel like time is flying by in general...but every day seems to last forever. If that makes any sense...

I am having a really bad day. I thought I felt a bit better for a few days, but today I am right back to AWFUL! I haven't eaten much until a bit ago. I tried cheese & Ritz crackers as my OB nurse instructed me to...it was a NO GO! Badddd news for Mama's belly! I had gained a couple of pounds, but I've lost it all again. The good news is I'm getting skinnier...just not in a healthy way. I'm still getting 3 liters of LR, meds, & vitamins daily. That is the only thing keeping me going! Less than 2 weeks until that "magical 17th week) that my OB keeps talking about. I know Diya's preg wasn't as bad as this one, but with her I was very sick until the day she was born. So I'm nervous to see if I will be a bit luckier this go around. In other BIG NEWS....I go Feb. 18 to a "fun ultrasound" place to find out if our little munchkin is a boy or girl! So far most people say Girl. Any guesses? Either way this baby will have a K (first) J (middle) name. Which brings up a funny story. When I was pregnant with Max I was on an email group for ladies that were TTC (trying to conceive). The girls had given the wee baby the nickname Max...before knowing if he was a he. So all along he was called Baby Max. A friend from the email group tried to come up with a K or D name that had Max in it...you will never guess one of the options thrown out....Klymaxx...isn't that GREAT!! I laugh every time I think of that story!

In other news, Kamdyn had her follow up orthodontist appt today. This ortho is growing on me. I wasn't sure I liked him at first, but today showed me he isn't just out to get my $$$. I have met with other orthos...each of them wanted me to schedule an appt that day to get the braces on. I choose this office because it was referred to us by a friend, and truly their office is REALLY cool...it's the kid in me. ;) We went in 3 weeks ago for her initial appt. They did xrays & photos of her teeth. Today we were supposed to go over a treatment plan & $$$. The ortho completely surprised me and said that he wants to save Kamdyn time & pain and save me money. He wants to wait until she looses 3 more baby teeth and her adult start to grow in before he puts braces on. That way she will only need 1 set (phase) of braces. He said it is our choice if we want wait for her to loose the teeth naturally or if we wanted her dentist to pull them. He was going to send a referral to the dentist just in case we decided to have them pulled. He said take all the time we need...that it isn't a big rush. I am not sure which route we will take. The kids need to go in for a teeth cleaning...so I think I will talk to her dentist about it then. He is very honest with me so I trust his opinion.

Diya is (for the most part) doing well with her new gluten/wheat free diet. She did share with my mom that she hates her life because she isn't able to eat normal anymore. That was a few days ago. I'm really trying to get her some products that she likes that are gluten free. So far we've found some chocolate cookies, chocolate covered pretzels, mac n' cheese (her favorite food ever!), bagels, and cheesy poofs. The cheesy poofs are REALLY good!!! She scarfed them down quickly. Most of these products we have bought at Meijer! They have an AMAZING gluten free selection! She has chicken nuggets, donuts, and a few other products to try. Our other big gluten free stores are Trader Joes & Whole Foods. Meijer & Whole Foods definitely have the better selections.

My parents have been here for almost a week. Deep had to travel to Canada last week, and he is in California this week. I am SOOOOOOOOOO INCREDIBLY THANKFUL that my parents were able to come & help me. I have pretty much stayed in bed the entire time they have been here. It has been such a relief to have daily help. =) Deep will be home Friday.

Last night I was able to take Kamdyn out for a bit. We grabbed dinner & then went to a High School girls basketball game. It was a Catholic High School in Livonia named Ladywood. It's an all girls school. Kamdyn had fun! She got a free tshirt & hot dog, chips & soda. It was nice to spend some quality time with Kamdyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment