Ebates

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Monday, January 9, 2012

Keli's Dr. appt.

I had my OB appt today. I lost another 5 lbs since the end of Dec. My BP was 116/78. My dr. came in my room, and we talked about how I am feeling. I told him that I can't keep going on IV hydration 2 days a week. I need it every day! He agreed that would be best, and suggested a more permanent IV (PIC line) so I can administer my own fluids/meds at home. He also wanted to up the amount of fluids, meds, and vitamins I get each day! I was elated! Finally I can avoid those way too frequent ER trips I've been making! I had some blood drawn...electrolytes & uric acid tests. Then I went to "check out"...you know where you make future appts, finalize this appt. That is when I was informed that Pic lines are no longer done because of the rate of infection. It it not protocol. The nurse also told me that she doesn't know if my insurance will even cover me getting IV hydration every day. I stood there and started crying. I'm in such a desperate place right now. I was informed that the nurses/home health care will figure this out by this afternoon. They will call me to let me know what is going on. I am so frustrated. I sure hope they do get this figured out. Thankfully my home health agency are super great & fast at getting back to me! UGH I'm just tired! I'm sick and tired! I feel awful, and I can't keep going like this. UGH UGH UGH!

We listened to the baby's heart tones. He found the heart tones right away...the minute he put the doppler on my tummy. The dr. said that the baby is doing great through all this which is definitely a relief! Glad my body is taking care of the little one! =)

*EDIT*

I spoke with my home health care folks, and they spoke with my Dr. office. Then a nurse from my OB's office called me. Basically here is what was decided...I will be getting an IV line tomorrow. I will get 3 liters of fluids, meds, & vitamins tomorrow & Thursday. Then Friday they will check me to see if I am hydrated enough to get a midline catheter placed. If so then I will get fluids every day for as long as I need them.

The Dr. said this nausea typically goes away at about 17 weeks. He asked if it went away with my previous pregnancies. It did with all except for Diya's pregnancy. I guess time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment